Within the framework of the Association Agreement signed in 2012 between Central America and the European Union, aimed at promoting trade and international development between Central American and European companies, we offer you an information workshop on business opportunities (import and export) in Central America as well as a presentation of the SIECA Market intelligence platform, facilitating trade relations between Central American and European SMEs
This workshop aims to
- Introduce you to the various networks set up to facilitate business relations,
- Inform you about the virtual trade shows scheduled for November 2018.
It will be conducted in English.
It will also be organized in several European cities in September and October 2018, Milan, Madrid, Paris and the Netherlands.
Central America: Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 45M of hab
- Average growth of 3.5%
- Regional disparities
- Panama: the 2nd largest free zone in the world, is a country with an economic dynamic and a very developed banking system.
- Costa Rica: political and economic stability.
- Important mineral and agricultural resources
- 9.00 9.30 Registration of participants
- 9.30 9.45 Welcoming speech of M. Melvin Enrique Redondo, Secretary General of SIECA, M. Arnaldo Abruzzini,
Secretary General of EUROCHAMBRES and M. Erwin De Weerdt, President of EURACEN.
- 9.45 10.15 Business opportunities in Central America, M. Luis Eduardo Sanchez, SIECA
- 10.15 10.45 Presentation of the online platform : Red Centroamericana de Comercio (Central american Trade Network)
SIECA Market intelligence platform , M. Luis Eduardo Sanchez, SIECA
- 10.45 11.00 Coffee Break
- 11.00 11.20 Doing Business in Central America : a company’s experience.
- 11.20 11.40 Investment Protection in the framework of the EU-Central America Association Agreement. European Commission and Credendo
- 11.40 12.00 Interactive Session – Q & A
- 12.00 13.00 Networking lunch
Monday 1 October 2018
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Cercle de Lorraine
Place Poelaert 6, 1000 Bruxelles
75 for Euracen’s member
110 for non member
Registration is mandatory before the 27 september 2018